Let Us Provide Garage Door Repairs for You in Oswego, IL
We Can Fix All of Your Oswego Garage Door Problems
Do you have a garage door problem in Oswego? Our Oswego door repair company looks forward to assisting you with your garage door repair or replacement service in Oswego, IL.
Need Emergency Oswego Garage Repair Assistance?
Call us for our garage door repair specials. Get $20 off spring repair or any service call for garage doors or openers.
Shopping for New Garage Doors in Oswego?
Looking to buy a new garage door? Our Oswego garage door repairmen have experience working on all makes and models of garage doors, garage door openers, and more.
Garage Door Repairs Oswego
Do you have a garage door problem in Oswego? Our garage door repair company in Oswego can repair your garage door. Our garage door repairmen specialize in the repair and maintenance of garage doors. We use the most modern, up-to-date equipment in Oswego. We perform services on time and in most cases in 1 day. We will restore the lost function of your garage door in less time and for less money than any other Oswego garage door repair company.
Oswego garage door services include:
- Oswego garage door repair
- Garage spring repair in Oswego
- Oswego garage door parts
- Oswego garage door installation services
- Fix or replace garage door openers in Oswego
Oswego is found in Kendall County in Illinois. Home to approximately 33,800 people, the village has doubled its population since 2000. Originally home to Native American tribes, the area was surveyed by the government and put up for sale. Originally named Hudson, the locals decided to change the name to Oswego via a vote.
The village saw a lot of development during the 1980s when a lot of suburban homes were built. The growth of the small village saw it expand to the west of the local river.
With 10,700 homes, the average house has 3.8 people in it. Homes in the area are much more likely to be owned than rented.
Number of businesses
There are a number of businesses in Oswego, including:
- Bank of America – A national provider of banks and building societies with up to 10,000 employees.
- Bickford Senior Living – A national provider of hospitals and healthcare services with up to 5,000 employees.
- Chipotle – A well-known restaurant.
- Copy King Office Solutions – A copy shop company with up to 50 employees.
- Individual Advocacy Group – A non-profit social service organization
- Kohl’s – A clothing and department store with more than 10,000 employees worldwide.
- Meijer – A well-known grocery store with more than 10,000 employees worldwide.
- OTR – A regional truck driving company.
- Rosati’s Pizza – A restaurant chain with up to 50 employees.
- Walmart – An international grocery and department store with more than 10,000 employees worldwide.
- Ultra Beauty – A beauty shop with more than 10,000 employees in the country.
- US Postal Service – A mail company with more than 10,000 employees in the country.
There are other businesses in the area but the above businesses are some of the better-known ones.
Unique city features, businesses, attractions
Fox Valley Winery
Located at 5600 US Highway 34, Fox Valley Winery is the ideal place to sample some delicious wines. Selling award-winning wines that have been crafted by hand in Illinois, the Winery is a great place to visit.
Open 10 – 9 on Sundays to Wednesdays and 10 – 10 on Thursdays to Saturdays, tasting is offered every single day. You do not have to book ahead, you can simply turn up and get ready to sample some incredible wines.
A great place for lovers of wine, throughout the year, the Winery hosts events which are well worth attending.
Prairie Point Splash Playground
Found at 4120 Plainfield Road, Prairie Point Splash Playground offers 17 play and splash features which are ideal if you’d like to cool off. They’re also ideal if you have little ones with you and you want them to have fun and use up some of their energy.
Free to use for all visitors, the Playground does not supply towels but it is a great place to spend some time. An enclosed, safe area, the Park also has shaded areas which can help you to stay out of the sun.
Oswegoland Park District
Located at 72 Polk Street, the Oswegoland Park District is the ideal place to be if you would like to spend some time outdoors. Complete with a range of different parks that are always well-maintained, there are events held throughout the year. You can enjoy a spot of gymnastics, swimming, cooking, and a zombie run that takes place once a year.
The Park District seems to have something for everyone thanks to the abundance of play parks, picnic spots, the river, and trails. When the weather is good, the Park District is a great place to be. When the weather is a little cooler the Park District is still very pretty.
Hudson Crossing Park
Found at 65 N. Harrison Street, and close to Downtown Oswego, the Hudson Crossing Park is yet another beautiful place for you to spend a bit of time. Found on the banks of the river, the park is only small but it has benches surrounding it and they make for a pleasant place to be.
Playing host to a number of events throughout the year, the Park can get quite busy at times. However, it’s never to busy for people to enjoy it. Find the Park near the Fox River Trail and Washington Street. With many gazebos available for you to make use of on those long, hot summer days, this is a Park that you need to visit at least once.
Celebrities from town
Oswego is or once was home to some celebrities who were once born or lived in the village. They include:
- Rob Baxley – A professional football player.
- Rita B. Garman – The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
- Thomas Guist – A planning Commission Member and Civil Engineer.
- Joey Goodspeed – A professional football player.
- John Hamilton – A member of John Dillinger’s gang.
- Alex Magee – A former professional football player.
- Robert Mitchler – An Illinois state senator
- Maud N. Peffers – An Illinois state representative
- Robinson B. Murphy – A Civil War Army musician and recipient of the Medal of Honor.
- Julianne Sitch – A professional soccer player
Other interesting pieces of information
The cost of a home in Oswego is approximately $233,900. Rent is approximately $1,500 a month which is higher than the national average. This could be one of the reasons why most people in the village own their homes.
Oswego is well-known in Chicago and the surrounding areas for the dragstrip that’s located on Route 34. However, even though the dragstrip has been closed since 1979, there are still some celebrations that take place throughout the year. Locals know they are not permitted to visit the track even though there is still some evidence of it remaining.
Home to more than 1,200 acres of land, parks, and trails, the village has 63 parks, and more than 15 miles of walking trails. Maintained by the local park district, the land was established to help create a healthier community. If you love to spend time outdoors, the little village of Oswego could be the ideal place for you.