We Can Fix All of Your Chicago Garage Door Problems
Do you have a garage door problem in Chicago? Allied Door can help identify and fix your issue quickly and efficiently. Our Chicago garage door repairmen have experience working on all makes and models of garage doors, garage door openers, and more.
Need Emergency Garage Door Repair Assistance?
Call us for our garage door repair specials. Also, check our garage door coupons page for current savings opportunities.
Looking For A New Garage Door in Chicago?
Looking to buy a new garage door? We have a huge selection of door styles, makes and colors to match your home.
Garage Door Repairs in Chicago
Do you have a garage door problem in Chicago, IL? Our garage door repair company in Chicago can repair your garage door. Our garage door repairmen specialize in the repair and maintenance of garage doors. We use the most modern, up-to-date equipment in Chicago. We perform services on time and in most cases in 1 day. We will restore the lost function of your garage door in less time and for less money than any other Chicago garage door repair company.
Chicago garage door services include:
- Garage door repair
- Garage spring repair in Chicago
- Chicago garage door parts
- Chicago garage door installation services
- Fix or replace garage door openers in Chicago
The city of Chicago is home to approximately 2,720,000 people and is Illinois’ most populous state. The name of the city comes from the word “Shikaakwa” which is an indigenous word. “Shikaakwa” is a type of onion and is known as a “Ramp” in the Chicago area.
With a history that dates back to the 18th century when the Potawatomi people lived in the area, Chicago started to grow dramatically during the 19th century. Fast forward to the 21st century, and the city continues to grow and develop.
Businesses In Chicago
There are many businesses in Chicago, and they include:
• Assurance – with 500 employees
• CarMax – with 25,000 employees
• Crowe Horwath – with 3,900 employees
• FONA International Inc. – with 216 employees
• Kimpton Hotels & restaurants – with 9,000 employees
• Marriott International, Inc – with 133,200 employees
• Power Home Remodeling – with 2,500 employees
• Radio Flyer Inc – with 75 employees
• Ryan LLC – with 1,600 employees
• Salesforce – with 20,000 employees
• Slalom, LLC – with 5,500 companies
• Stryker Corporation – with 17,000 employees
• True Partners Consulting LLC – with 170 employees
• Workday – with 6,700 employees
Unique City Features
Chicago has so much to offer many visitors to the city, including:
The Art Institute of Chicago
The Art Institute of Chicago can be found at 111 S Michigan Ave, 159 East Monroe Street, and is home to the largest impressionist collection outside of Paris. The museum is as grand as it is incredible and inviting. Home to many different works of art, this museum can be enjoyed almost every day. Spend up to 3 hours walking your way around, taking in the sights and sounds.
Chicago’s First Lady Cruises
If you would like to get out on the water, you might want to enjoy a cruise. Lead by experts who know more than a thing or two about the area, the cruises start at the Chicago Architecture Center and take you around the city. Don’t worry if the day is a cold one as there is an indoor cabin that’s climate-controlled.
When you’re on the cruise you can learn more about Chicago’s architecture and enjoy a 90-minute cruise that is one to remember. Once the cruise is over, take your ticket to the foundation shop as you might get a discount.
Below is a list of Chicago celebrities:
• Franklin Pierce Adams – Columnist
• Jane Addams – Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, activist and social worker
• Dankmar Adler – Architect
• Nelson Algren – Author
• Saul Alinsky – Writer and community organizer
• Gillian Anderson – Actress
• Sigvald Asbjørnsen – Sculptor
• David Bohnett – Entrepreneur and philanthropist
• Al Capone – Mobster
• Diablo Cody – Screenwriter
• Hillary Rodham Clinton – First lady and US senator
• Michael Crichton – Writer
• John Dillinger – Bank robber
• Dr. Fannie Emanuel – Founder of the Emanuel Settlement House
• Edna Ferber – Author and playwright
• James Heckman – Nobel Laureate
• Jesse Jackson – Civil rights activist, minister, presidential candidate
• Karlie Kloss – Model
• Leo Lerner – Newspaper publisher
• William H, Macy – Actor and producer
• Jacques Marquette – Missionary
• Laurie Metcalf – Actress
• Cyrus Hall McCormick II – President of the McCormick Harvesting Machine Company
• Bob Newhart – Actor and comedian
• Agnes Nestor – Politician, activist, founder of unions
• John C. Reilly – Actor
• Craig Robinson – Actor and comedian
• Harmonia Rosales – Artist
• Gary Sinise – Actor and theater co-founder
• George E. Smith – Applied physicist, Nobel Laureate.
• Robert Wald – Gravitational Physicist
Chicago was and still is home to many well-known people and those who are quietly making a difference to the city and the country as a whole. The above list represents only a small portion of those who live and still live in the area as there were too many to name!
Other Interesting Pieces of Information
Considered to be one of the best places to live in the state, Chicago is home to many parks, coffee shops, and restaurants. Attracting young families, the area continues to grow and become more diverse.
If you would like to own a home in Chicago you can expect to pay approximately $234,000 which is higher than the national average. If you would like to rent a home, you can expect to pay approximately $1,050 a month, which is slightly higher than the national average. Most people rent their homes.
Chicago is considered to be the country’s 8th most diverse city, and Illinois is thought to be one of the best places to live in the whole of the country. There has been a recent growth in the number of employees. Recent statistics show that approximately 1,350,000 people are employed in Chicago, which is an improvement on recent figures.
25 to 34 year old’s make up the largest age group in Chicago, with most of them having a college or associates degree. Chicago is an attractive place for young people to live thanks to their jobs and opportunities.
Chicago has often found itself the setting for novels, movies, video games and television shows Chicago has appeared in the following:
• 4 Saul Bellow novels
• 5 Robert Goldsborough novels
• 1 John Grisham novel
• 2 Chris Ware novels
A range of plays and musicals such as:
Bleacher Bums, In the Jungle of Cities, Show Boat, and Superior Donuts
Movies such as American Gun, Baby on Board, The Breakfast Club, Casino, Chicago,
Death of a President, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, I, Robot, Natural Born Killers, and many more!
Television shows such as Barbershop: The Series, Charlie & Co, Chicago Hope, The Good Wife, It Takes Two, Lady Blue, Postcards from Buster, Prison Break, Trust Me, The Untouchables, Whitney and more!
Chicago is a very vibrant place to live and offers something for everyone. With plenty of parks and places to enjoy walks, it’s no wonder the population continues to grow.