We Offer Specials on Garage Door Repairs in Rockford, IL
Garage Door Company Rockford, IL
Do you have a garage door problem in Rockford? Our Rockford garage door company looks forward to assisting you with your garage door repairs or garage door replacement services.
Garage Door Coupons
Call us for our garage door repair specials. Get $20 off spring repair or any service call for garage doors or openers.
Garage Door Installation Rockford, IL
Looking to buy a new garage door or garage door replacement parts? Our Rockford garage door installers have experience working on all makes and models of garage doors, garage door openers, and more. For expert garage door installation in Rockford, IL, contact us today!
Garage Door Repair Services
Do you have a garage door problem in Rockford? Our garage door repairmen specialize in the repair and maintenance of garage doors. We use the most modern, up-to-date equipment in Rockford. We perform services on time and in most cases in 1 day. We will restore the lost function of your garage door in less time and for less money than any other Rockford garage door company. Remember we can match or beat any competitor’s price!
Garage Door Parts Rockford, IL
- Garage door remote replacement or repair
- Garage door opener repair or replacement
- Garage door spring repair or replacement
- Garage door sectional replacement
- Garage door rollers
The city of Rockford can be found in the north of Illinois, more specifically in Winnebago County. With a population of approximately 149,000 people, Rockford, there are around 59,000 households with around 2.5 people per household.
The History of Rockford
The history of Rockford can be traced back to 1834. Originally known as “Midway”, Rockford was renamed after the rocky river ford that was located in the village. Many people who came to live in Rockford from upstate New York and the Northeastern parts of the country. Considered to be an extension of New England on a cultural level due to many people moving to the area, the city began to grow and develop. In the early 2000s, a $20 million renovation was completed on the MetroCentre, and the area continued to be developed then as it is today.
Rockford’s Top Employers
The area’s largest employers include:
- Anderson Packaging
- County of Winnebago
- Hamilton Sunstrand Corp
- Rockford Health System
- Rockford School District 205
- Anthony’s Medical Center
- Swedish American Health System
- United Parcel Service
- Woodward Governor
There are many chemical manufacturing companies in Rockford along with hardware, and machine tool companies. Considered to be a well-known distribution center, the largest employment sectors in the city are:
- Finance can insurance
- Food services
- Metal and metal products
Homes in Rockford
Approximately 55% of people own their homes, and 45% rent their homes. The average price of a home in the city of Rockford is $89,700. This is less than the national average of $184,000. When it comes to renting a home, most people pay approximately $750 a month. This is lower than the national average of $950. This means you can potentially save money if you choose to live in Rockford.
Unique City Features
– Anderson Japanese Gardens
Inspired by the gardens of Japan, the Anderson Japanese Gardens are known to be the best Japanese gardens in the country. Showcasing events, programs, and a range of other opportunities, the Anderson Japanese Gardens are absolutely stunning. From ponds to waterfalls, statues, to stunning landscapes, if you want to spend time away from city life, this is the place to visit.
Find the Anderson Japanese Gardens at 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, IL, 61107-1035.
Burpee Museum of Natural History
If you love all-things nature and dinosaurs, the Burpee Museum of Natural History is the perfect place to visit. With many interactive exhibits, the museum is ideal for children of all ages. The collections here are simply stunning and will provide you with at least a few hours of entertainment.
Find the Burpee Museum of Natural History at 737 N Main St, Rockford, IL, 61103-6966.
If you and your family love to enjoy a bit of skating or you’d like to give it a try, Skateland could be the ideal location for you. Offering birthday parties, public roller skating, and more, this family-owned and operated business is a great place to spend around 2 hours. Get your skates on and enjoy skating around until you can roller skate no more!
Find Skateland at 4843 Stenstrom Rd, Rockford, IL, 61109-2627.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens
Located in the very heart of Rockford, the Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens are a wonderful place to visit. Once you have made your way over the bridge you will have the opportunity to visit Rockford’s founding site. Home to a pre-Columbian Native American conical mound, the cottage museum and gardens are the ideal places to explore. Take a camera with you and spend some time enjoying all that it has to offer.
Find Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens at 411 Kent St, Rockford, IL, 61102-2915.
Celebrities from Rockford
Some of the most well-known people who were born in or who have lived in Rockford include:
- Virgil Abloh – A businessman and fashion designer
- John B. Anderson – A US representative, and a US presidential candidate
- Griffith Buck – A rose breeder
- Hal Carlson – A pitcher for the Chicago Cubs
- Kurt Elling – A composer, jazz vocalist, and lyricist
- Kenneth Gould – A boxer and welterweight bronze medalist
- Barbara Hale – An actress
- Joyce Holmberg – An Illinois state senator and educator
- Bill Kop – An Animator
- James Lindgren – A law professor and sociologist
- Bing Liu – A director
- Sammy Mandell – A boxer and World Boxing Association Lightweight Champion
- Andre Martin – An actress
- Ira Matthews – A Halfback for the Oakland Raisers
- Heather Naut – A news anchor
- Will Pfeifer – A comic book writer
- Declan Quin – A cinematographer
- Ken Roskie – A fullback for the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers
- Benjamin R. Sheldon – Chief justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
- Erica Spindler – An author
- Charles Swindells – A catcher for the St. Louis Cardinals
- Anthony Tyler Quinn – An actor
- Leopold Tyrmand – A novelist and editor
- Janice E. Voss – An astronaut and engineer
- Shaun Wade – A bass guitarist
- Daniel Hale Williams – The first doctor to successfully undertake open heart surgery
- Michelle Williams – A singer in Destiny’s Child
Other Interesting Information
Most people who live in Rockford have a college or associate’s degree. The next largest demographic has a high school diploma or equivalent.
With regard to the levels of crime and safety, Rockford is lower than the national average for violent crimes and property crimes. This makes the city a relatively safe place to live, especially when compared to other parts of the state.
Most people who live in Rockford are aged 65 years or more, with the next largest demographic aged between 25 and 34 years of age. As you can see, Rockford is home to retired people and young professionals and families. In addition to this, the area is home to a lot of parks, you’ll find a lot of young families in the area as it’s considered to be an ideal place to raise a family.