We specialize in garage door repair and installation in the Lombard area. Does your garage door need repair in Lombard? Our garage door company looks forward to assisting you with all of your garage door needs. We service garage door opener repair, garage door spring repair, and garage door installation.
Garage Door Repairs Lombard, IL
We offer 24 hour emergency garage door services for your convenience and safety. Call us for our garage door repair specials. Get $20 off garage door spring repair or any service call for garage doors or garage door openers.
Garage Door Installation Lombard, IL
Looking to buy a new garage door? Our Lombard garage door installers have experience working on all makes and models of garage doors. We carry overhead garage doors, wood garage doors, roll up garage doors, and more. View our residential garage door gallery and commercial garage door gallery to see what a difference a garage door can make on your home design!
We also offer the option of custom garage doors in Lombard IL. View our custom design options here.
Garage Door Service Lombard, IL
Is your garage door in need of maintenance in Lombard? Our garage door repair company in Lombard can repair your garage door. We believe in providing quality garage repair, installation, and replacement services for a low, reasonable price in the Lombard area.
Garage Door Parts
- Garage door openers / garage door remotes
- Broken garage door springs
- Garage door panels
Lombard Garage Doors
Located in DuPage County, Lombard is a village that’s home to approximately 43,000 people and has a history that dates back to the 1830s. Originally known as ‘Babcock’s Grove’, the arrival of the railroad in 1848, local merchants and farmers were able to travel to Chicago easily.
In 1927 Colonel William R. Plum gave his home and gardens to the town and the area is now used as a park and the site of the local library.
With approximately 17,500 households and the average age of the population being 39 years old, Lombard is certainly an up and coming place to live. The average value of a home in Lombard is $244,900 and more than 70% of the population own the home they live in. Lombard is considered to be the 18th best suburb in Illinois for millennials to live in.
When it comes to crime, Lombard tends to have a lot less crime than the rest of the country. The highest percentage of crime in the area is theft followed by burglary. Lombard is considered to be a very safe place to live.
Number of businesses
Home to approximately 412 businesses, some of the most popular companies to work for include:
- American Income Life – Providing insurance to working families.
- Aspect Software – An enterprise software and network solutions company that makes it easier for businesses to engage with their customers.
- Change Healthcare – An independent healthcare technology company.
- Column Technologies Inc. – A global technology company that provides services, enhancement products, and solutions to businesses.
- Healthcare Solutions Team – Providing health insurance coverage.
- Medix – A leading provider of workforce solutions.
- SunGard- A network solution and enterprise software provider.
- Waste Management – Providing waste management and environmental services to commercial, residential, municipal, and industrial markets.
- Valdes Engineering Company – An engineering and architectural business.
- Vitas Healthcare – A leading provider of end of life care.
Unique city features, businesses, attractions
Some of Lombard’s attractions include:
- Dr. William LeRoy House – Home to one of the areas most famous doctors, Dr. LeRoy created artificial limbs for those who had been injured in the civil war. At a later date, the house was home to Harold Gray who created the Little Orphan Annie cartoon. Located at 119 N Main Street, the house is well worth visiting.
- Sheldon Peck Homestead – The oldest house in the village of Lombard, the homestead was built around 1839 and was home to the Peck family. Donated to the Lombard Historical Society in 1995, the descendants of the Peck family lived their during this time. Found at 355 E Parkside Avenue, tours of the house are available.
- Victorian Cottage Museum – The cottage museum, also known as ‘Lombard Historical Museum’ was built after the civil war. The museum showcases Victorian artifacts that show how people of the time lived, specifically the merging middle classes. Found at 23 West Maple Street, tours of the house are available.
- Enchanted Castle – Situated at 1103 S Main Street, the Enchanted Castle is an entertainment center that is the ideal destination if you wish to enjoy go-kart racing, miniature golf, laser tag, bowling, a catapult ride and more.
- Morton Arboretum – The Arboretum is a beautiful place to visit and is the ideal destination if you would like to enjoy a hike, some of the fun outdoor activities that take place there every month, or a gentle stroll. Complete with a Children’s garden and the occasional light show, the Arboretum is a wonderful place to visit and is located at 4100 Illinois Route 53.
- Noon Whistle Brewing Company – The Noon Whistle Brewing Company offers visitors some great meals and, of course, some great drinks too. Selling handcrafted beers and offering the occasional tour and event, the Noon Whistle Brewing Company is the ideal destination if you’re a lover of a good beer. Find the Noon Whistle Brewing Company at 800 Roosevelt Road.
Celebrities from town
Celebrities who were either born in Lombard or lived in the village at some time include:
- Bobby Breen – Child actor
- Harold Gray – Creator and author of Little Orphan Annie
- Rebecca Kia – Lead solo violinist
- Joanna Krupa – Actress and model
- Sheldon Peck – Activist and folk artist
- Daniel M. Tani – NASA astronaut
- Charles Tilly – Scholar
- Doug Walker – Internet celebrity
- Timothy Zahn – Author (Science fiction)
Other interesting pieces of information
Lombard has played host to the annual Lilac Festival every May since 1930. The festival lasts for 16 days and usually combines a formal ball, concerts, beer-tasting, and other events. The Lilac Festival’s grand finale is usually the parade. The Lilac Festival celebrates the local lilacs and their history. With approximately 55,000 people attending the parade, the Festival is one of the villages largest and better-known events.
Lombard is also home to two major shopping areas. The Yorktown Center is one of America’s largest shopping malls that is both an indoor and an outdoor mall. The mall is home to an impressive 26 restaurants and three hotels.
Downtown Lombard was built so that visitors could take a walk through the downtown area while enjoying a wide range of shops. The area also places host to many different events throughout the year.
Lombard is a very family-friendly place to live and is home to great schools, many restaurants, and friendly neighborhoods. There appears to be a lot of community involvement with many events bringing different parts of the community together. Complete with many sporting facilities and a few large malls, the village of Lombard is a great place to bring up a young family or enjoy a slower pace of life.