We Offer Quality Garage Door Repair Services in the Elmhurst Area!
Do you have a garage door problem in Elmhurst? Our Elmhurst door repair company is happy to repair, replace, or install your Elmhurst garage door.
Need Emergency Elmhurst Garage Repair Assistance?
We offer 24-hour emergency garage door repair services for your safety and convenience. Call us for our garage door repair specials. Get $20 off spring repair or any service call for garage doors or openers.
Shopping for New Garage Doors in Elmhurst?
Looking to buy a new garage door? Browse our vast selection of quality garage doors. Our Elmhurst garage door repairmen have experience working on all makes and models of garage doors, garage door openers, and more. We carry overhead garage doors, wood garage doors, roll up garage doors, and more.
Garage Door Repair Elmhurst
Are you in need of garage door repairs in the Elmhurst, IL area? Our garage door repair company in Elmhurst can repair your garage door. Our garage door repairmen specialize in the repair and maintenance of garage doors. For the best in garage door repair, installation and replacement in the Elmhurst area, contact the garage door specialists at Allied Door today.
Elmhurst garage door services include:
- Elmhurst garage torsion door repair
- Garage spring repair in Elmhurst
- Elmhurst garage door parts
- Elmhurst garage door installation services
- Fix or replace garage door openers in Elmhurst
Elmhurst Garage Doors
Located in both DuPage County and Cook County, Elmhurst is found in Illinois and is home to approximately 46,600 people with the majority of residents between the ages of 39 and 41. With approximately 15,800 households in the whole of Elmhurst, each household is home to roughly 3 people. The area was originally home to the Potawatomi Native American people, members of the Algonquian family. When European settlers came to the area sometime around 1836, a community was established. Originally named Cottage Hill, the area’s name was changed to Elmhurst in 1869 when the Railroad made it easier for local farmers to visit Chicago.
- Number of businesses
The city of Elmhurst is home to many different businesses. There are approximately 235 different companies in Elmhurst and these include:
- Advent Systems – Providing integrated solutions for low-voltage system needs, working to protect assets, property, and people.
- Benedict Construction – A private construction company based in Elmhurst.
- Chamberlain Group – A global leader in access solution, Chamberlain Group was founded in 1954.
- Coin Mechanisms – Part of the hotel, leisure and restaurant industry and creates LED solutions along with coin and timer boxes among many other products.
- Elmhurst Extended Care – A nursing facility which provides assisted living to its residents.
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital – Founded in 1926 the Memorial Hospital offers healthcare services and is a subsidiary of Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare.
- MedSpeed – A healthcare transportation provider for laboratories, blood centers, and health systems.
- Soft Landing Labs – A toxicology laboratory that quantifies drugs and other biological compounds.
- Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service – A service which provides private ground and air ambulance services to individuals and municipalities.
- The Duchossois Group – Comprised of an investment company and operating companies The Duchossois Group is an investment company.
Unique city features, businesses, attractions in Elmhurst, IL
The city of Elmhurst in Illinois is home to many different attractions including:
The Elmhurst Express Trolley
Traveling through Elmhurst and free to use, the Express Trolley is a great way to see the sights. Taking passengers to the shopping districts, parks, museums, and restaurants, the Trolley is a safe way to travel. The Trolley will drop passengers off in pedestrianized areas that have proven to be popular with locals and tourists alike. Operating on a 30-minute loop, those who ride the Express will encounter local mascots from time to time, making the trip even more enjoyable.
Elmhurst Art Museum
The Elmhurst Art Museum is a wonderfully modern museum that displays a wide range of modern and classic art. With a range of well-known pieces and works of art from up and coming artists, the museum is a bright a vibrant place to be. Entrance is $12 per adult at the time of writing and the museum is open Tuesdays through to Sundays.
The Limestone Quarry
Elmhurst is home to a limestone quarry that spans around 59 acres. Found west of downtown Elmhurst along 1st Street and West Avenue, the quarry is a must-visit destination. Home to a tunnel that diverts water into the quarry from Salt Creek it can hold up to 8,300 acre-feet of water. While the limestone quarry is not a tourist destination as such, it’s always worth a visit as it’s nothing short of impressive.
Located at 150 S. Park Avenue, Lilacia Park is a beautiful place to be. Home to a golf course, Memorial trees, an athletic Center and beautiful flora and fauna, if you want to escape city life this is the place to be. The land was purchased in 1869 and named after the Latin word ‘Lilacia’ which means Lilac. Spanning an impressive 8.5 acres and open to the public every day, the park is home to more than 50 varieties of tulips and 200 varieties of lilacs. With drinking fountains, historical buildings and picnic areas, the park is a wonderful place to visit in all seasons.
Wilder Park Conservatory
Located in a 6-acre lot, the Wilder Park Conservatory is open to the public and admission is completely free. With approximately 13,000 visitors every year, the Conservatory showcases a large variety of plants and youth education programs that are run by the in-house horticulturalist. Built back in 1923 and hosting three flower shows every year, the Wilder Park Conservatory was recently restored and is the ideal destination for anyone who loves plants and the occasional escape from busy city life.
Celebrities from town
Home to celebrities who once lived in the area or were born in Elmhurst the following celebrities may be seen by visitors to the area:
- William Joseph Bauer – A Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals
- Keenan Cahill – An internet celebrity
- Jody Gerut – Outfielder
- Tom Higgenson – A singer
- Keith McCready – A pool player
- Rachel Melvin – An actress
- Rick Nielsen – Musician
- Jack O’Callahan – Hockey player
- Patrick Piemonte – A computer scientist, designer, and inventor
- Philip Ramey – A composer and pianist
- Jim Ryan – Illinois Attorney General
- Donald Sage – Cross country runner
- Mark Sibley – NBA player
- Michelle Slatalla – Humorist and journalist
- John Witt – An author, sports writer, ballhawk and actor.
Other interesting pieces of information
According to the website ‘Niche’, the city of Elmhurst is a great place to live. With friendly people and a beautiful downtown area, the city although expensive is relatively safe. Home to some good schools and many coffee houses and restaurants the area is a good place to raise a family. While the city is not thought to be an exciting town, it’s less than 20 miles to Chicago making it easy to commute there should you wish to. Home to many different parks, annual events and a great place to live if you need access to the highway, Elmhurst is ideal if you’re considering moving your family to a part of Illinois that has much to offer.