Dekalb Garage Door Repair
In our opinion, there is nothing more frustrating than dealing with your broken garage door in Dekalb, Ilinois. One moment your garage door works perfectly, then the next moment it’s acting up—not shutting properly, frequent troubles with the garage door opener, and issues with the track system can be enough to give homeowners a heart attack.
Fortunately for you, the experts at Allied Garage Door have a solution for you to consider. If you really want to put your garage door problems in the past, you can contact us and we’ll take care of the situation. We offer premium garage door repairs to the residents of Dekalb, IL and the surrounding area. Most of the problems associated with garage doors can easily be repaired, but if you attempt to do it yourself, you can spend hours, days, and even weeks struggling through the process. If you want the job done quickly and correctly, all you need to do is contact our Allied Garage Door repair team.
Garage Door Service in Dekalb, IL
At Allied Garage Door, we can handle any garage door malfunction. Whether you’re experiencing troubles with the track system, the opener, or just need basic maintenance, our team of expert garage door professionals can take care of you. We provide service for residential and commercial customers in Dekalb, IL, always using the most innovative tools and equipment to complete the job. If we look at your door and decide there’s too much damage, we can take care of replacing it with a new one. Best of all, we can do the repair or replacement in less time, for less money. Come stop by today and let us take care of you.
Named after a war hero, DeKalb is a city in DeKalb County and is home to approximately 43,100 people. Originally known as “Huntley’s Grove”, the area was renamed after a Major General who took part in the American Revolutionary War. Founded in 1856, the city is approximately 55 miles from Chicago and plays host to the annual Corn Fest every August.
Number of businesses
There are a number of businesses in DeKalb, some of them include:
• 3M – A health care, worker safety, and consumer good manufacturer.
• Albertsons Companies – A pharmacy, grocery store, and fuel station.
• Axiom Properties Inc – A real estate business.
• Best Buy – A multinational electronics retailer.
• Creative Nation – Project management and content production.
• Edward Jones – A financial advisor.
• Five Below – A retail store selling products that appeal to teens.
• JourneyCare – A provider of healthcare for those who are seriously ill.
• First Midwest Bank – A national bank.
• On The Rocks Models – An event staffing agency.
• Northern Illinois University – An educational institution.
• Revature – A technology talent company
• Sonoco Products – A provider of a range of consumer & protective packaging in addition to industrial products.
• Staffmark – A staffing company
• SVI International Inc – A distributor of repair parts for the industrial and automotive equipment.
• Target – A national grocery and clothing store.
• Townsend Management – A property management company.
Unique city features, businesses, attractions
Star Worlds Arcade
Located at 1234 E Lincoln Highway, Star Worlds Arcade is the ideal place to be if you love arcade games. Complete with a range of games including many from the 1980s, the Arcade was inducted into the International Registry of Historic Video Game Arcades in the last few years. Complete with old and modern games, the Arcade is open from 3 pm to 10 pm Tuesday through Thursday, 3 pm to 11 pm Fridays, 11 am to 11 pm Saturdays, and 12 pm to 8 pm Sundays.
Ellwood House Museum
Found at 509 N 1sr Street, Ellwood House Museum is a great place to visit. Reflecting the work of the men who developed barbed wire, the Museum also proudly displays the history of the Ellwood family who helped to develop the land surrounding the museum. There is a range of tours available throughout the week, and the museum is wheelchair accessible.
Whiskey Acres Distilling Co.
Located at 11504 Keslinger Road, Whiskey Acres Distilling Co is open to those who love nothing more than to sip on a glass or two of whiskey. Manufacturing whiskey by using ingredients that are grown on the estate, locals can also sample their vodka, and bourbon. Open from 1:30 pm to 8:30 pm Fridays and Saturdays and 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm on Sundays, there is also a tour available and no reservations are needed.
Celebrities from Dekalb
Below is a list of celebrities (Current and past) who once or still live or work in DeKalb city:
• George Franklin Barber – A very successful Victorian domestic architect.
• A. J. Bramlett – A professional basketball player (Cleveland Cavaliers).
• Cindy Crawford – A model and actress.
• Joseph B. Ebbesen – A state legislator and optometrist.
• Isaac L. Ellwood – An entrepreneur, businessman, and rancher.
• Fred Eychaner – A philanthropist and media mogul.
• Joseph Glidden – A barbed wire co-inventor and farmer.
• Jacob Hasih – A barbed wire co-inventor
• Barbara Hale – A film actress and Emmy award winner.
• Andrew Harris – A multi-instrumentalist for Judas Iscariot.
• Mike Heimerdinger – An assistant coach for NFL teams (Tennessee Titans and Denver Broncos).
• Richard Jenkins – An actor known for “The Shape of Water” and “The Visitor”. Academy Award nominee.
• Alan and Dale Klapmeier – Co-founded the Cirrus Design Corporation. National Aviation Hall of Fame inductees.
• Doug Mallory – A coach for the Atlanta Falcons.
• Karl Nelson – An American football player (New York Giants).
• Mel Owens – An American football player (Los Angeles Rams)
• Richard Powers – An author and the winner of the National Book Award for Fictio (2006).
• Weekend Nachos – A punk band.
• W. Willard Wirtz, – A United States Secretary of Labor (During the Kennedy and Johnson administration.
Other interesting pieces of information
The cost of buying a home in DeKalb is approximately $150,000 for a 3 bed house, which is less than the national average. Monthly rental payments are around $860, which again, is lower than the national average. Most people in DeKalb own their home, with just 38% renting theirs.
Most of the people who live in DeKalb city are aged between 18 and 24 years old. The next largest demographic is 25 to 34 year old’s, showing that the area has a lot to offer the relatively young. Most residents have a college or associate’s degree, and employment has seen a 0.39% growth in recent years. It’s thought that approximately 21,000 people in DeKalb County are employed, this is almost half of the population.
The city is considered to be top of the list in the most diverse places to live in the county. It’s also considered to be the 3rd best place to live if you’re a young professional. Finally, the city is considered to be the 3rd best place to live in the whole of the county no matter who you are. This means you can move to DeKalb City and feel at home if you’re young or you simply want to enjoy living somewhere that offers a good quality of life.
When it comes to crime statistics, murder and robbery are a lot lower than the national average per 100,000 people. Regarding property crime, the city has a lower rate of burglary and motor vehicle theft than the rest of the country per 100,00 people. This means DeKalb city is a relatively safe place for you to live.
Barbed wire was invented in DeKalb by Joseph Glidden. Eventually, Glidden sold half the company to Isaac Elwood and together they formed the “Barb Fence Company”.