Garage Door Repairs & Installation in Batavia, IL
Garage Door Repair Batavia, IL
Are you having garage door issues in Batavia? Our expert Batavia garage door repair company looks forward to assisting you with your garage door repair, installation, or replacement service.
Allied Door specializes in the repair and maintenance of garage doors. Using the most advanced, modern tools, we provide services in a timely matter (usually in 1 day!). Check out our coupons for deals in your area!
Need Batavia Emergency Garage Door Repair assistance?
Call us for your emergency garage door needs. We offer same-day emergency service and 24-hour garage door repairs.
Garage Door Installation Batavia, IL
Are you wanting to purchase a new garage door? Our Batavia garage door installers are experts, with experience with all makes and models of garage doors, garage door openers, and more. Please check out our expansive selection of unique and high quality garage doors.
Garage Door Parts Batavia, IL
- Garage opener repair or garage door opener replacement
- Garage spring repair/garage door torsion springs
- Garage door panels
Batavia can be found in Kane and DuPage counties in Illinois. Founded back in 1833, it is Kane County’s oldest city. Home to approximately 25,000 people, the city is also known as “Windmill City” thanks to the windmills that were manufactured in the area in the 19th century. With 8,494 households, there are approximately 2.94 people per home.
The majority of people in the area are between 45 and 54 years old and are, therefore, of working age. The average income is $92,000 and most people in the area own their home.
Settle by Christopher Payne in 1833, the area was originally known as “Big Woods” thanks to the wild growth throughout the area. A local judge decided to rename the town after Batavia in New York and as the judge owned most of the area at the time he had permission to change the town’s name.
Home to 6 K-5 schools, a middle school, and a high school, the town also has a library that was founded back in 1881 as a township library.
Number of businesses in Batavia
Batavia is home to many businesses, some of them include:
• Aldi Inc – a discount supermarket chain with 500 employees. Aldi Inc has its headquarters located in Batavia and employs many people from the local community.
• ACGO Corporation – an agricultural equipment manufacturer with 365 employees
• Batavia Container – a packaging solutions company with 160 employees
• DS Containers Inc – an aerosol packaging company with 140 employees
• Fermi Research Alliance – specializes in high-energy particle physics with 1,700 employees
• Flinn Scientific Inc – an education management company with 150 employees
• HOBi International – a provider of mobile, data and IT center asset management with 225 employees
• Power Packaging – a contract logistics solutions provider with 300 employees
• Suncast Corporation – a storage solution provider with 800 employees
• VWR Scientific – a laboratory products distributor with 300 employees
Unique city features, businesses, attractions in Batavia
Batavia is home to some incredible places to visit. Some of these places include:
The Viking is home to a replica Viking ship from the World Fair in Chicago. Located at 528 East Side Drive, the ship was built to resemble a ship known as the Gokstad. This ship was used in the World Fair in Chicago in 1893 and has been preserved ever since. Made using traditional methods, the ship is 78 feet long and 17 feet wide.
You can have a tour of the ship during the week from 3:30 pm and each tour lasts 30 minutes.
Funway Ultimate Entertainment Center
Located at 1335 S River Street, Batavia, the Funway Ultimate Entertainment Center is the ideal place to take your children. Offering roller skating, laser tag, bowling, jumpshot basketball and so much more, if you want a day full of fun this is the place to be. There’s also a Bar & Grill here which means you can put your feet up and enjoy a bite to eat should you wish.
Funway Ultimate Entertainment Center can also provide birthday party packages and hold other events if you would like to celebrate something special.
The Fabyan windmill is one of the country’s best examples of Dutch windmills. Located at 419 Highway 25, the windmill stands at 68 feet tall. Made in the 1850s by Louis Blackhaus, it cost $900 to construct. Made from a kit that was sent to the midwest, the windmill was assembled exactly where it sits.
If the windmill was located in the Netherlands, it’s likely that it would be one of the most popular. This is thanks to how well it has been restored and its sheer beauty. Tours of the Fabyan Windmill are available from May 15th to October 15th and they run on the weekends.
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Home to this country’s particle physics and accelerator laboratory, the lab is open for visits. If you’re a budding physicist or you simply want to learn more about the field, you can take a self-guided tour. Open from 8 am to 4:30 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 3 pm at the weekend, you can explore the hands-on exhibits and learn more about the fascinating world of physics.
Celebrities from Batavia
Famous people who live or once lived in Batavia, Illinois include:
• Ken Anderson, a Cincinnati Bengal’s quarterback
• Bernard J. Cigrand, father of Flag Day
• J.W. Eddy, a railway engineer, and politician
• Mary Todd Lincoln, wife of President Abraham Lincoln who was sent to Batavia psychiatric hospital in 1875.
• Meredith Mallory, a US Congressman
• Birgit Ridderstedt a producer and folk singer
• Isaac Wilson, a US Congressman
Other interesting pieces of information about Batavia
Homes in Batavia typically cost between $275,000 and $370,000 with three to four bedrooms. To rent a home in Batavia you would expect to pay approximately $950 to $1,700. Most people in Batavia own the home that they live in.
When it comes to crime statistics, Batavia is proud to be lower than the national average when it comes to violent and property crimes. The town is generally considered to be a safe place to live.
Batavia has received a lot of awards over the years. In 2007, it was one of the best places in America to raise children. BusinessWeek put the town in 21st place out of 50 places in the country.
- In 2009, CNN Money said the town was the 56th best place to live in the country
- In 2011, it was voted as one of the top places to live.
- In 2013 the town won the “Best Street Award” from the Congress of Urbanism for River Street.
- In 2013, it was considered to be a bike-friendly community.
- In 2013, Batavia’s windmills were designated as Historical Mechanical Engineering Landmark.
Batavia is a wonderful place to live in. With many jobs available and a low crime rate, the town seems more welcoming than ever before.